... at our house.
We got to the gym on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Dave is slowly increasing his cardio exercise, and I am coaching him on proper form, breathing, using hand weights, and stretching before and after exercise.
I also think it's good for him to be around people, even if he doesn't interact with them much, if at all.
This coming week brings Oklahoma-style summer....
We will have at least two weeks of temps between 100 and 105, with heat indices in the 110 to 115 range, so having an air conditioned place to go to keep MOVING, and stay ACTIVE, is going to be SUCH a blessing!!
I had a flare up of my hip flexor tendinitis this past week, possibly from using some of the cardio equipment at the gym, but I have been able to calm it down through self-therapy techniques from my lifetime as a massage therapist.
So far today, I am virtually pain free, but will continue to pay close attention to anything at the gym that feels like it might irritate it again.
I will finally see my oncologist on Tuesday.
Hopefully, by then, the biopsy samples will have been analyzed, the specific new mutations identified, and presented to the research team, so that we can move on.
I can't help but feel that this chemo isn't doing anything, and that I am taking it for nothing, so I would like to get going on something different. I'm worried about the tiny new spots in my liver, and want us to get ahead of that with a new med.
I still have zero bone mets symptoms, and the biopsy area is completely pain free now.
There's not much on the agenda for today. Dave did some mowing and weed whacking yesterday, and plans to do a bit more today.
I will be doing my usual laundry load of towels, and will work on my next lesson in the course I am taking.
I'm making a chicken and broccoli pasta for dinner, and, in the meantime, there will be a Cubs game to watch.
Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment