The lowered dose of the chemo seems to have helped tremendously. I have not had one bout of diarrhea (or abdominal cramping) yet!
Treatment appointment went fine, neulasta appointment went fine, Pepcid and Clairtin are keeping the neulasta side effects at a low roar. I'm tired, but totally was able to do all of my chores yesterday, and not need a nap!
It's been SO much better than the first round.
I've had a lot of insomnia, though, which I have always gone through from time to time, so it may just be my "usual."
My only concern about the lowered chemo dose is that it's no longer working, as happened when we lowered the dose of the chemo pill I was on previously.
All we can do is wait for my scan, which is scheduled for Oct. 2nd.
I see my oncologist for a check in this coming Wednesday, and I can ask her if there is a concern that it may not be enough chemo to be effective.
Anyway.
Dave got the second part of his long-delayed dental cleaning done this past week, and has now purchased a "Water Pik" to use every night.
Since he refuses to floss, this is the next best thing, and I am SO GLAD he is finally taking care of his teeth and gums!
Since we are unable to travel, due to my treatment regime, we are spending some of the money we saved up on some home improvements.
We had a non-slip coating applied to the front porch and back stoop, to reduce fall risk. That happened this past week.
Next up will be insulating the floor, under the house - in the crawl space.
We will also be getting our duct work replaced.... but THAT is going on the home equity line of credit, as it is a much bigger expense in all, but will fold easily into the monthly payment we are already making (that was the expense for the window replacement project).
There is mold and moisture in the old duct work, and that is probably why we are always congested, and have itchy eyes.
The intense heat continues, and keeps us trapped indoors most of the time. I am very grateful for our outings to the gym, and to do errands.
I also go outside every morning, first thing, and water the flower bed (which has very few flowers in it this year, and which really shows lack of attention...but there's no way we've been able to keep up with tending it during this brutal summer), and refill the watering stations for birds and bugs.
The forecast shows that we might get another day or two of upper 90s at the end of the week, but that is seriously all the "relief" we can hope for right now.
We have no plans for Labor Day, as no one invited us to anything (as per usual), and, besides, my immune system is compromised anyway, so we would had to have said no.
That is also why we didn't take the initiative to invite anyone over here, either.
Not that any of our few friends would actually have come.
We don't really have friends around here who we do stuff like that with anymore. They've either moved away, or become estranged.
So, if you have plans, please have fun, and be safe!
We got our traditional package of hot dogs, and chips and dip, but will be boiling the hot dogs, since it's too hot to use the grill outside.
Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment