Sunday, August 16, 2026

No prisoners!

 My dear, long time friend, Cathy, who passed away last year, said this when herself, or any of her tribe of friends, were facing health challenges.

I completed round one of Trodelvy chemo last week.  The treatment went well, and I have had only slight side effects from the chemo itself, so far.

The day after, I received my first Neulasta injection.  My chemo nurse counseled me in a method to fight the side effects of this injection, which, you may recall, was the ONE THING that made me call in sick during my first year of chemo.

He suggested taking over the counter pepcid, and clairtin, every day, for five days, to combat the intense flu like symptoms caused by the immune boosting injection.

So far, it has been helping!  It also seemed to reduce my steroid reaction, so that's a plus.

I have been very tired, and headachy, but I have been able to function.  Even went to the gym on Friday, though I did scale things back a bit, and took it easier than usual.

I have been trying to focus on hydration, have been avoiding my nightly glasses of wine, and have been resting when I need to.

Let's hope things stay at about this level, rather than getting worse, as we go along.

I am VERY grateful that I have no more appointments until the 25th, when I see my doctor ahead of starting round two.  During this break, I can focus on recovering from round one.

I am ALSO EXTREMELY GRATEFUL that I am no longer working full time during this process.  This is a new experience for me, and I love being free to just take care of myself, instead of having to fulfill the attendance obligations of my unreasonable former employer.

In other news, I am curious about the number of views my blog has been getting.   The numbers suddenly spiked last week!

Usually, I see an average of maybe 7 to 10 views per post, but now, looking back down the list of posts, there are 20, 30, or even more views.

Do any of my readers know why this might be?  YOU CAN LEAVE COMMENTS, you know!  *wink*

Maybe Blogger updated their tracking, or maybe, for whatever reason, people are suddenly interested in the journey of one cancer patient who lives far away from friends and family, and who keeps a blog to help them all stay informed, and to stay connected when things are good.

Writing one post a week for everyone is easier than updating people one at a time, HAHA!

The weather here has been insufferable, and there is no end in sight.

Every morning, I go out and fill watering dishes, and the bird bath, and we put out bird food.

Our wren babies have started to hatch, which is SUCH a miracle in this horrible weather.  I am enlivened, and cheered, by this magical event taking place right here.

This coming week, Dave has his follow up dentist appointment to get his permanent crown, and we will get to the gym, as per usual.  

No other pressures threaten our daily functioning, which is such a lovely feeling.

Here's hoping all of you (apparently there are a lot of you) have a wonderful week.


No comments: